Sunday, February 22, 2009

Draper Temple











We had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house! My brother had gotten some tickets and I wanted to take a family with us (Aaron, Noemi and Kiyoshi) to show them what the temple is like and why we have temples. The whole week I told Kaden that we were going to the temple.
He said "JESUS"?
I said " Yes, we are going to JESUS' house".
He was so excited. We had to leave our house at 7am to get there on time. Even though we were so tired(because we were retarted and stayed up late) and we found out while we were there that Talbot had stuff coming out of his ear(so he was a little more awnry then usual) we were so happy to be there.
It was so much fun to see the look on Kadens face and he was way too excited to go from room to room. He kept trying to get in front of everyone and kept telling us Come on!!! It was awesome to go into the sealing rooms, they had us sit down and they explained more about the temple and the importance of the rooms. Then, of course, they had us look in the mirrors, to see what eternity would look like. Aaron and Noemi were so amazed at everything. It was so awesome to have had this experience. Hopefully we can go to the Oquirre Mountain temple open house here in a couple of months. Everyone start planning. The tickets go quick! I'm so glad that my brother planned so early and got these tickets for us! Pictured here is Kody, Kurliston, Talbot, and Kaden . Then my brother Kolter. Then Aaron, Noemi and Kiyoshi.

4 comments:

Cody, Natalie, Kasia and Cooper! said...

I went with my parents and kasia to that temple and it is soooo pretty! I am even going again next tuesday! You guys all look so cute!!

Trujillo family said...

What an awesome experience to be able to take your kids inside the temple. And to take friends too.

Ter said...

You are such an amazing inspiration, you always have been. Heavenly Father has truly blessed everyone that come in contact with you, You are an amazing friend Kurli and I love you... give the kids a huge hug for me ok.
I can' wait to come back to utah and go through the new temples.

j said...

Kurliston, I am just having a really bad day. I feel so bad because I know your intentions are good but it is really hard for me. I also feel like we have drifted apart and I never wanted that. I just don't know how to deal with my feelings of resentment and jealousy. You basically have the life I thought I would have. I don't know what I am supposed to do now. I am so confused and feel so alone. And I pray about it all the time, but I sometimes feel like Heavenly Father has forgotten about me. I have never had my faith tested like this. I am sorry. I want you to get pregnant this week so you never have to go through what I am going through. Please forgive me for being weak.

Playlist